We refer to the above websites and all related websites as “sites” and to each of them as a “site.” When we refer to “we,” “us,” or “our,” we mean M-Tip. When we refer to “you” or “your,” we mean the person accessing the site. If the person accessing the site does so on behalf of, or for the purposes of, another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also means that other person, including a business organization.
How We Collect Personal Data About You
We collect personal data about you in 2 primary ways:
- directly from you, like when you create an account with M-Tip
- automatically from your use of our services, like data associated with using our network
What Data We Collect
Personal Data You Provide Directly to Us
- Contact and account information, like your name, usernames, passwords, address, telephone number, email address, and household members.
- Authentication and security information like your government identification, Social Security number, security codes, and signature.
- Demographic information, like your age, gender and date of birth; and
- Other information you choose to provide, like when you submit a survey response, enter a contest or promotion, or contact us.
How We Use Personal Data About You
We use your personal data for a lot of reasons, including to provide you with services. We use your personal data to do things like:
- Create and administer your accounts, complete transactions, payments, billing, and requests related to our services.
- Provide, develop, customize, and personalize products and services, respond to your inquiries conduct surveys, and perform our contractual obligations.
- Advertise and market services from M-Tip to you, including through targeted advertising and communications about promotions and events, and contents.
- To conduct research and create reports from analysis of things like usage patterns and trends and de-identify or aggregate personal data to create business and market analysis and reports.
- Detect and help protect against security incidents, and illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized activities; investigate suspicious traffic, cybersecurity threats or vulnerabilities, complaints, and claims; authenticate your credentials for account access and information and provide other security protections.
- Protect you and others from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive, or unlawful activities.
- Debug and repair errors and take action to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our services.
- Verify your identity and determine your eligibility for accounts, discounts, and specific rate plans, as well as the validity of your payment information.
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to government requirements.
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of M-Tip and others.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests.
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions, or other agreements.
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes, or litigation.
When and With Whom do We Share Your Information?
- When And How We May Share/Disclose Your Information With Third-Parties
- We may share your information with third-party companies that perform services on our behalf, including for payment processing, data analysis, data management, file sharing, legal and contract review, recruitment, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising and lead generation), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal information and may only use it as directed by us for the purpose of our requested service.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and they are only permitted to process your personal information in accordance with our instructions.
- Disclosure Of Information For Legal Purposes
M-Tip may disclose all or part of your personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with M-Tip, or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of our sites, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose information in response to a subpoena, search warrant, in connection with judicial proceedings, or pursuant to court orders, legal process or other law enforcement measures. M-Tip may disclose or access personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, to establish our legal rights or to defend against legal claims, and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our Services.
- Analytics And Data Enrichment Services
We use third-party analytics such as Google Analytics to help understand your usage of our sites and to improve our Services.
- Aggregated, Anonymized Or De-identified Information
We may disclose or use aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information for any purpose. Aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information is information that can no longer reasonably identify a specific individual. Although such information may be derived from your personal information, it can no longer directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content. We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third-party websites or to whom it is disclosed. You should review the privacy policies and settings on any social media website that you subscribe to so that you understand the information they collect and may be sharing. If you do not want your social media websites to share information about you, you must contact that website and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. M-Tip is not responsible for how these third-party websites may use information collected from or about you.
OPT-OUT OF MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVERTISING
If you no longer wish to receive advertising based on your interests or other web-browsing behavior, the online advertising industry provides websites from which you may opt out of interest-based advertising from M-Tip and other companies that participate in industry self-regulatory programs
You may also opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional messages from M-Tip, if those messages are powered by M-Tip, by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt-out, you will still receive non-promotional communications relevant to your use of our Services.
Kalson Towers, Nairobi Kenya
P.O.Box 1564- 00606